*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I have a new favourite nude lipstick and it’s one of the YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Bold collection. I have photos and swatches, along with a review here. Enjoy!
What is YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Bold?
- Provides bold colour in one stroke
- Give an intense shine
- Fine, buildable texture
- Formulated with 40% caring ingredients for long lasting comfort
- Up to 10 hours of moisturisation
- Infused with red floral oil from YSL Beauty Ourika Gardens and grape oil
- Intense colour that lasts up to 5-6 hours
- Skin-like thin film that sits comfortably on the lips
- 3 dimensional shiny finish
- Packaging uses a unique Cassandre engraved in the mold with a hot stamping technique
- Available in 15 shades
YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Bold Shades and Swatches
There are 15 shades in the Bold collection:
- No 1 Le Rouge – red with orange undertones
- No 2 Wilful Red – strong, classic red
- No 4 Revenged Red
- No 1971 Rouge Provocation – inspired by the haute couture of 1971 – warm de-saturated bold red shade with a deep orange touch
- No 7 Uninhibited Flame – blushing red with a rosy hue suitable for all skin tones
- No 6 Reignited Amber – an amber-toned beige
- No 8 Fearless Carnelian – beige-nude with a reddish-white hue
- No 9 Undeniable Plum
- No 10 Brazen Nude – war nude
- No 11 Nude Undisclosed – pink beige, fleshy-toned shade
- No 12 Nu Incongru: beige-pink with a perfect balance of flattering warm & cool pigments
- No 1968 Nude Statement – rosewood nude
- No 13 Nude Era – peachy tone nude
- No 14 Nude Tribute – deep brown nude
- 21 Rouge Paradox
I have three shades swatches to show you – 1968, 13, 14:
I absolutely love the texture of this lipstick. It is super soft and silky and it glides on to the lips effortlessly with a nourishing balmy feel.
It applies in lovely fine layers and you can build the intensity of each shade in light swipes. The finish is beautifully shiny yet the texture grips to the lips for great long lasting wear.
It feels super moisturising thanks to its 40% skincare ingredients and it’s actually really lovely on the cheeks and eyelids too, especially in my favourite shade No 13.
No 13 is the perfect nude – not too peachy or pinky and it gives any makeup look a really modern vibe. I love it.
The packaging is fabulous too. I love pulling this out of my bag for top ups.
Where to buy YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Bold
The lipsticks are £35 and available now via the links below:
If you’re looking for something more affordable, check out Revlon Super Lustrous Glass Shine Lipstick Review & Swatches.