What are the things that make you feel like the best version of you?
I was thinking about this today, because one of my goals this week is to do the things that serve me in a positive way, and I started by doing my hair this morning.
It’s amazing what getting my mop out of a messy bun does for my mood. Fun-buns are easy, and easy can be gloriously good, but sometimes Fun-buns make me feel disheveled, so when I take the time and make the effort to style my hair, I feel better and more capable.
Other things that help me…
- Going to bed early (this one’s a challenge for me because all I wanna do at the end of the day is veg out on my couch.)
- Cutting down on screen time, especially mindless scrolling before bed. If I leave the phone alone for at least an hour before I go to sleep, I fall asleep so much faster, and my next day is so much better.
- Eating lots of fresh vegetables (I have so much more energy when I do this, so yay for leafy greens!)
- Being militant about time management and keeping track of time (otherwise, every task will take two times longer than it needs to)
- Stretching for at least 10 minutes every day
- Putting on a little bit of makeup. At the very least, blush, bronzer, mascara and a lippie!
Also, trying to help other people always makes me feel like the best version of myself, and when I radiate happiness and light, it comes right back.
What are the things that make you feel like the best version of you? Volunteering? Drinking enough water (it makes a HUGE difference, doesn’t it)? Curling your lashes? Going to the beach?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,