Good morning and happy Saturday!
I’m still riding on a big wave of birthday joy and wanted to thank you for your well-wishes and for sharing sweet stories of good things that’ve happened to you lately. You brought a smile to my face.
On a beauty note, how cute is this rainbow of nail polish by Olive & June? A friend gave me the Mani System for my birthday, and so after many, many weeks of dark, moody Chanel nails, I think it’s time for something bright.
These shades are from Olive & June’s summer collection. From the left to right…
- Starshower — A clear rose gold glitter
- How Do You Spell Bougainvillea? — A hot magenta purple
- Flowerpot — A burt orange terracotta
- Bocce Ball — A fresh grassy green
- Not a Cloud — A cloudless skin blue
- House of O&J — A regal deep purple
- The Top Coat — A glossy top coat
Are you doing nails today, too? If yes, what color? 🙂
This week’s reading
- 9 blush sticks for those who love effortless, summer makeup looks (aka me!).
- Of course Stevie Nicks is on this list of 15 beauty muses who inspire ’70s-style summer makeup.
- Get the look of glossy lids.
- Quantas, Australia’s national airline, will scrap its gender-based uniform guidelines. Now male cabin crew can wear make-up, and women can opt to ditch high heels.
- If your makeup is pilling, here’s what to do to make it stop.
- Here are some perfumes for the next time you want to conjure the scent and vibe of the American desert. Side note: I really want to smell Estee Lauder Desert Eden now. You know I love a rose note!
- Can fragrance brands make a truly sustainable scent?
- Honestly, I love a rollerball.
The music of my formative years!
I like the low-maintenance part
I did this the other day and it was so fun
Ohemgee, SUN IN!
One of the greats
I hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing and peaceful.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,