- MAC Whirl Lip Pencil is really great, especially when you use it to line and fill in your lips and then dab a lip oil or a lip treatment on top.
- I swear, if this family didn’t have me to keep track of and buy toilet paper, nobody would ever have anything around to wipe their butt, ever.
- I’m probably not going to buy the shimmer gel twist-up eyeliners from Sephora Collection again (makes my waterlines itch). The matte one’s OK, though, and affordable.
- I wish Hung Vanngo would come over and do this makeup on me, like, every day.
- It’s easier to think of things for lists when you’re doing something mindless and your brain can wander, like if you’re walking and wandering aimlessly
outside, or when you’re (TMI) going to the bathroom.
- You know you’re adulting when all you do all day long is try to get enough protein at every meal. IT’S EXHAUSTING. Getting enough protein feels like another job!
- Why can’t we just all eat massively big bowls of pho (Vietnamese soup) for lunch everyday? I would much rather do that than eat salad.
- Whenever I write banana notes for Connor’s lunch, I pretend I’m writing a note to the 30-year-old version of her.
- Sometimes I see old pictures of me and El Hub and think, “DAMN. We had so much collagen.” LOL!
- I’m so tired of sneezing, coughing and sniffling. I feel personally attacked by nature during the spring.
- I never met a potato I didn’t like, but I’ve yet to find a go-to potato salad recipe. Need to get on that ASAP.
- I’m kinda bummed about the SF Nordstrom closing, although yikes, I think the last time I was there was in the fall of 2015, when I was pregnant with Connor. I still remember going there for my first official bra fitting, hanging out at the MAC and Bobbi Brown counters, meeting Francois Nars there, eating at the cafe with my friends… Good times.
- Why do I have to keep learning the same lessons over and over again? This week’s re-learned lessons: 1) I really like writing lists; 2) it’s very helpful to do research the day before you write a first draft; and 3) planning your upcoming workday really helps a lot.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Have a terrific Thursday-Purrsday!